The John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Award Competition fosters new playwrights and scripts through this important competition established by Molly Gassner, wife of theatre historian John Gassner. The Award was created in 1967 to honor the late John Gassner (1903-1967) for his lifetime dedication to all aspects of professional and academic theatre.
This award will be administered by a panel of judges named by the NETC Executive Board. A staged reading of the award-winning scripts will be given at the NETC annual awards ceremony.
- Will I receive a response that you received my submission?
- An automatic response will be send from the website. Individual emails about submissions will NOT be returned.
- Can the play contain music?
- All submissions MUST be plays. If your play contains 1-2 songs or snipets of songs, it will be accepted. If your play is written with music, it will NOT be accepted.
- Can it be an adaptation of a book?
- What format should it be uploaded in?
- All submissions should be in PDF format ONLY
- How should my play be labeled?
- Name of play, name of playwright, email address, and conact phone number.
- How many scripts can I submit?
- You may submit ONE script per contest year.