2011 Gassner Award Winner
In A Word
by Lauren Yee
Gassner Award Winners
- 2016: In The Kitchen: Thoughts on Love, Sex and Aging by Mary Miller
- 2015: Other Than Honorable by Jamie Pachino
- 2014: Duck and Cover by Michael Kimball
- 2014: Elizabeth Grace by R.W. Pinger
- 2013: Good by James McLindon
- 2012: The Truth Quotient by Richard Manley
- 2011: In A Word by Lauren Yee
- 2010: Technicolor Life by Jami Brandli
- 2009: Faith by James McLindon
- 2009: Beat Aside Apollo's Arrow by Matt K. Miller
- 2008: Land Where My Fathers Died by Ron Hirsen
- 2007: Homeland Prayer by Jeff Carter
- 2006: Enola Gay by David Blackman
- 2004: The Dogs of Pripyat by Leah Napolin
- 2003: Size Matters by Bruce Post
- 2001: A Girl's War by Joyce Van Dyke
- 2000: The Prodigal by Daniel Magee
- 1999: Mockba by Ginger Lazarus
- 1998: The Jocker by Clint Jeffries
- 1998: Rimbaud With Strings by Dennis Porter
- 1997: The Woman At The Window by Bill Lattanzi
- 1996: Pera Palas by Sinan Ünel
- 1995: The Scales by Gordon Osmond
Two years have passed since Fiona’s seven-year-old son mysteriously vanished. As Fiona goes back over the events she remembers leading up to that fateful day, logic buckles and language breaks. Will she uncover the truth and what happens if she does? A lyrical, absurdist journey on how to get over, get around, get through what haunts you.
Lauren Yee has been a MacDowell Colony fellow, a Dramatists Guild fellow, and a Public Theater Emerging Writers Group member. She was a finalist for the Heideman, the Jerome, the PEN USA Literary Award, the PONY Fellowship, the Princess Grace, and the Wasserstein Prize. Current commissions: AlterTheater, the Kennedy Center, and Mu Performing Arts (supported by the MAP Fund). Samuel French just published her play Ching Chong Chinaman. BA: Yale. MFA: UCSD (2012).
You can learn more about Luaren Yee by visiting her website at LaurenYee.com.
Related References for Lauren Yee
- “Berkeley: Aurora Theatre Company announces new works winners” in StarkInsider.com, Nov, 2011.